On Site Activities & Honors
Learn, Play, & Develop Skills
Throughout each day at the Camporee various on-site activities offer enriching experiences for Pathfinders. Work towards earning new honors, explore new adventures, sharpen your skills, and check out special interest areas.
There is something for everyone and the excitement awaits you. There's so much to choose from!
Below is a link to a list of current activities, honors, & special interest areas. This list is updated frequently so check back often.
View Current On-site Activity & Honor List Updated 7/18/19
Honors, Activities and Special Interests
Thank-you for being willing to explore teaching an honor, activity, or special interest at the International Camporee. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of many Pathfinders. Without your commitment and dedication this event would not be possible.
Teaching honors at the International Camporee is different from teaching honors to an individual club or small group. Honors taught at the International Camporee should be designed to accommodate several hundred Pathfinders a day. Since each honor is unique, different teaching styles fit different honors and some honors are either difficult or not practical to teach in the Camporee setting.
What to Expect
Schedule of Activities & Honors
Tuesday: 12:00 PM (Noon) – 5:00 PM
Wednesday - Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Sabbath appropriate)
Activities & Honors Open on Sabbath - available in June 2019
For more information contact:
BraveHeart Kids Village
Mom and Dad! Braveheart Kids Village, is happening in the fictional Castle of the Camporee, for ages 4-8, where they will embark on an epic adventure that empowers them to stand tall with the kings and queens of the Bible…the “crowning point” is learning about God and His story!...and that is no fairy tale!
At the Castle of Camporee, kids experience God’s story in fun and unforgettable ways! Each day, they will share in the fun adventures of the King of the Castle of Camporee, the feisty but eloquent Queen and the hilarious Jester.
Location: Near the Food Court - View the Camporee Map
Wednesday-Friday 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm
Cost: $8.00/day or any part of a day
BraveHeart Village is just around the corner! Are you ready?
We are also looking for volunteers! Please contact Childrensministries@nadadventist.org if you’re interested in volunteering at the Children’s Braveheart Village at the Camporee! We need people for a Praise Team, people that love to act (Skit people), and some people to help us with a Special Feature (of your choosing) for the afternoon! We CAN’T WAIT to hear from you! Must be a registered attendant for Camporee to be eligible to volunteer.
Free Airplane Rides at Oshkosh
Free airplane rides are available during Camporee for young people ages 8 -17. These are sponsored by the Experimental Aircraft Association and numerous volunteer pilots. They take place at the edge of the main activity area by the main runway. These rides count as part of the requirements for the Aviators honor, but the pathfinder is not required to be working on that honor. Pathfinders are REQUIRED to preregister for airplane rides. As part of preregistration a single page will be printed that requires a parent signature. This paper must be brought with the pathfinder to camporee. To register for the flights follow the link below according to the day you want to fly. For questions contact Bill Greenley at 269-208-1533 or email@example.com.
To register go to www.andrews.edu/~greenley/rides.html
Questions you have asked:
- Can parents ride along? This is not part of the program, sometimes a pilot will have room and will agree, but this is at the discretion of the pilot. We do not want to encourage this as we are focused on taking up pathfinders.
- Can a pathfinder leader sign the permission slip? No, it must be a parent or legal guardian.
- Will there be more space made available? Yes, if we can get more volunteer pilots. Please remember we are asking pilots to bring their own airplanes and pay for their own fuel. This is not a cheap undertaking, last time the average pilot spent almost $1,000 on fuel.
- Can I get a ride to take pictures for my conference/union/review, etc.? It is possible, but this has never worked out well for the pilot. I have taken up 3 photographers to get aerial photos of the event. As I can’t charge, I just asked if I could have copies of the pictures, since it is hard to take photos while piloting the plane. I was always told yes, but afterwards they always changed their minds and said no. Please, most of our pilots are non-Adventists giving of their time and money to help our event, treat them fairly and honestly.
- If my ride is cancelled, will it be rescheduled? Rides can be cancelled for many reasons, primarily weather or airplane issues. If this happens we will try to fit the pathfinder in later if possible, but we have a very full schedule so it may not happen. Also, you must be on time, or your seat may get taken by another.
For safety reasons, flights may be cancelled and not rescheduled in the event of poor weather conditions (rain, low clouds, poor visibility and or high winds).
Volunteer Pilots Needed
If you or anyone you know has an airplane and would like to come to camporee to help give airplane rides please contact Bill Greenley at 269-208-1533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.