Main Stage evening programs will have translators available who will be translating the program into 4 different languages. It is important that each person brings their own portable FM Transmitter radio, to hear the translations. Portable FM Transmitter radios will not be provided by the International Camporee.
Translation will be made available in the following languages:
We need teams of male and female translators to cover several Main Stage programs throughout the Camporee. If you are interested in volunteering as a translator, please contact the Translator Coordinator.
Translator's Job Description
- Be able to cover your own cost to the Camporee and Camporee general admission ticket. This is a volunteer ministry
- Be fluent in English and a native language.
- Basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective verbal and written communication in the English language. Ability to verbally translate spoken material.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent and (1) one year experience in translation and interpretation of English and the required second language.
- Provide three references
- Translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages orally, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible for a duration of two hours.
- Be able to have a headset and microphones on without any difficulties.
- Be able to arrive at translation tent ½ hour before evening program each night.
- Have childcare for your children; you will not be able to keep your children with you in the translation tent.
- Be able to read and have no hearing impairments. We will have a nightly script available for you to follow along.
- Be able to translate Bible terminology.
If you are able to help at least one program please contact: