Volunteer registration is now open to those living in North America. We are excited to promote this part of the Camporee as our volunteers really are responsible for making the Camporee a success. A small portion is leadership, but the biggest factor by far that ensures a successful Camporee is the fact that people like you volunteer to teach youth and young adults about Christ. Without you, this would not be possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why are volunteers required to cover all of their personal expenses for the Camporee when they are already contributing in a huge way?
Every Camporee staff member and volunteer is asked to pay their own way in order to be able to utilize our funds for our target audience – our youth. The Camporee is only possible because of the incredible contributions of these volunteers and with grateful hearts, we want to say thank you to all of those who give so much to be a part of a great mission to help draw our youth closer to Christ.
2. I’ve been thinking about volunteering but I just don’t have the financial means to pay for all my expenses, do you have any suggests to help cover my costs?
- Contact your Conference Youth Director to connect with a local club; ask if they would sponsor your lodging and meals by allowing you to camp with their club and eat with them for the meals they provide.
- Ask your local church to help sponsor you as a “Camporee missionary” since you are volunteering your time and talents for God’s youth. Give them an estimate of your food cost during the Camporee and ask them to support you financially in this way.
- Send out letters to your relatives, friends, or mentors letting them know how you are volunteering your time/talents at the Camporee and ask them to help sponsor you for one day worth of meals.
- Finally have that garage sale you’ve been meaning to host for the last three years – use the profit to cover your Camporee expenses.
- Ask for your friends and family to purchase your ticket or contribute to your Camporee expenses for your Birthday gift this year.
- Connect with other Camporee volunteers in your local area and make arrangements to travel, camp, and eat together to save on expenses; besides, road trips are always more fun with more people!
For more information contact Karacan Sayrun-Thomas, the CIC Volunteer Coordinator.
Areas you can volunteer for: (Description will be provided in the volunteer application form when making your choice)
- On-site Activities
- Off-site Activities
- On-site Honors
- Camporee Merchandise Store
- Food Concessions
- Camporee Clean-up
- Services Setup
- Main Stage
- Main Stage Security
- On-site Safety
- Off-site Safety
- On-site Communication
- Information Ambassadors
- Lost & Found
- Backstage Tours
- Two-way Radio Dispatchers