Safety Tips & Guidelines
Everyone should review and be familiar with the safety guidelines. They will help keep you and others safe and offer a more enjoyable International Pathfinder Camporee experience. These safety guidelines cover rules set by our hosts, extreme weather, medical emergencies, missing/lost children, and much more.
Prohibited Items at the Camporee
Save yourself time and hassle by leaving the following items at home, as these items will not be permitted at the Camporee:
- Beer, wine, liquor or any other alcoholic beverage
- Illegal substances which include drugs
- Firearms, fireworks and explosives
- Knives with a blade length of more than 4 inches
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, Segway personal transports, or any other self-propelled device (exceptions are limited to one person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles).
All Drones and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) are not permitted on Camporee grounds.
Please do not use handheld or pocket lasers during the nighttime program. Safety personnel will escort you from the nighttime area if necessary. Thank you for your cooperation.
If your child gets lost or is separated from you, please call Camporee Safety for immediate assistance with locating your child.
The quickest, easiest way to obtain professional help for any type of emergency is to call Camporee Safety: Number TBA.
- When calling, stay calm and carefully explain the problem and your location to the Camporee Safety Dispatcher.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so.
There is an ambulance on site, therefore, call Medical/Ambulance dispatch first: Number TBA.
- When calling, stay calm and carefully explain the problem and your location to the Camporee Medical Dispatcher.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so.
Golf Cart Safety & Operation
- Drivers must be 18 years and older.
- Every driver must have a valid driver’s license. No underage drivers even if an adult is on the cart.
- Golf Carts can only be operated from 5:30am – 11:00pm.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- When your golf cart is not in use, remove the key and set the brake.
- Golf carts are not permitted to leave the campgrounds for any reason. It is illegal to use Golf Carts on public roads and may be subject to a citation by the Sheriff. If a Golf Cart receives a citation or towed, the expense will be the responsibility of the person who rented the cart.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH at all times with the exception of emergency services.
- Contact security if you have any problems with your golf cart. (mechanical, etc.)
- Golf Carts are not to be overloaded. Everyone must be seated. Place only as many individuals on the seats as space allows. Do not put individuals on laps of passengers, except for infants.
- Golf Carts must park only in the designated parking area at the Main Stage assembly.
- Do not tamper with the golf cart engine.
- You are responsible for returning the same golf cart you checked out.
- Golf cart refueling times: 9:00am-11:00am & 3:00pm-5:00pm
Golf Carts will be confiscated on the 3rd infraction of rules or 2nd time for the same offense of campground rules. The Youth Director will be contacted with these violations.
- Always have at least 1 adult at your campsite at all times. Adults should accompany Pathfinders at all times.
- Teens who are allowed to go without an adult, should be with a group at all times. There is safety in numbers. Set up meeting places and times to meet during the day to reconnect and check everyone’s health.
- Headlamps versus handheld flashlights work better for after the nightly meetings. They aren’t as likely to get left behind.
- Always have an adult or TLT with your kids. Travel in groups.
- Please no laser pointers. These cause serious problems especially for the Main Stage program each night of the Camporee.
- Keep valuables at home. It very hard to secure personal items in a tent. The Camporee is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Phone, cameras, wallets are some of the most lost items at the Camporee.
- Give a list of all the emergency contact numbers to your Club Director for each Pathfinder.
Become A Safety Volunteer
It is our primary goal to provide you with a safe and fun experience at the International Pathfinder Camporee! Please help us keep the area and activities safe by following all safety instructions and reviewing the safety guidelines. If you are a safety professional, please consider volunteering. Volunteer here.
See where the Safety headquarters are located on the Camporee Map.
Need help? Contact Ken Scott, Safety Director