Being baptized during the International Pathfinder Camporee has been a long-standing tradition. What a beautiful place it is to make known to the world you have decided to follow Christ all the way!
Pathfinder Club Baptismal Challenge
We challenge every Pathfinder club to come to the Camporee with at least one Pathfinder whom they have studied with and prepared for baptism.
How to get started
- Begin praying now for God to touch the life of a Pathfinder and help them understand God has chosen them and loves them very much.
- Ask God to use you, and partner with Him, in leading out in a Bible Study.
- Recognizing God has chosen you, recommit yourself to following Jesus and share His love with others.
Bible Study resource links
Youth – ChristWise
- Leaders Guide: https://www.adventistbookcenter.com/christwise-leader-s-guide-for-juniors-teens-and-youth.html
- Student Workbook: https://www.adventistbookcenter.com/christwise-discipleship-guide-for-youth.html
Early teens – ChristWise
- Leaders Guide (Same as above)
- Student Workbook: https://www.adventistbookcenter.com/christwise-discipleship-guide-for-teens.html
Juniors – It’s My Choice
Frequently Asked Questions
Arrival Time: 5:30 PM for Check In.
When: Wednesday – Friday 6:00-6:45 PM
Where: On each side of the Main Stage, see large screens for directions by Union.
What to Wear: Pathfinder field uniform
What to Bring: Towel, a Pastor to perform the Baptism,* change of clothes.
Photos: Each pathfinder can bring one person with them through line to take photos up close. There is also a photo op wall where you can take photos with your whole club by the Baptism Check In.
*Additional pastors will be on site if the candidate does not have a preferred pastor to conduct the baptism.
You will have a lot of questions about being baptized at the Camporee and we have prepared a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sheet for you to answer all those questions. Please be sure to contact the Baptism Coordinator (TBD) if you have more questions after reading the FAQ sheet.
Please do not forget to fill out the Baptismal Survey.
We have prepared important information for Pastors who will be assisting Pathfinders at the Camporee. Please view the Pastor’s Baptismal Information sheet.
Sabbath Morning Celebration
There will be a special baptism ceremony Sabbath morning to celebrate all the baptisms at the International Camporee. The ceremony will also celebrate a second group: those who have studied with the baptismal candidates. We hope that every club will be represented in that group of individuals by bringing at least one Pathfinder who will be baptized during the camporee.