BTP Camporee Teen Leadership Training (TLT) Service Projects
If you are a Teen Leader in Training (TLT or LIT) in grades 9-12 you are invited to hang out with your TLT Mentor and other teens at the TLT Headquarters. Plan to be involved with a service project or two at the Camporee with other TLTs from around the North American Division.
- Hours of Operation – Wed-Fri 9:00am-1:00pm & 1:00-5:00pm
- TLT Service Projects Check-in & Checkout
- Check-in prior to service projects
- Checkout after volunteering to receive TLT Service Project Pin
- TLT Hangout Area – for TLTs and mentors networking
- Meet College/University leaders who may have scholarships to offer TLTs
Application Form & BTP TLT Service Project Pin & T-shirt
- Apply for TLT Service Projects by completing the Application Form – CLICK HERE
- Serve a minimum of 4 hours – earn a BTP TLT Pin
- Serve a minimum of 12 hours – earn a BTP TLT T-shirt (awarded following the Camporee)
TLT Service Project Times in 4-hour Blocks
- TLTs sign up for morning or afternoon 4-hour blocks
- Wednesday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- TLTs and TLT Mentors may volunteer together
Sabbath Worship Offering Collection
- TLTs collect Sabbath Morning Offering
- Sign-up & practice is required at the TLT Headquarters
Service Project Areas
- Adventist Youth Ministry Museum – be trained as a host to share Pathfinder/Youth history
- Camporee Operations – assist with Camporee (communications, errands, daily parades, and more)
- Honor Teaching with your Conference – assist teaching an honor with your conference leaders
- On-site Activities with your Conference or Union – assist with your conference or union leaders
Preplanning & Preparation
- Apply for TLT Service Projects – fill out the TLT Service Project Application Form above
- Contact the TLT Volunteer Coordinator for more information
- Teen Leadership Training go to www.TLTMinistry.org
Service Project Assignment Process
How the TLT Service Project Works
- TLT Service Projects are submitted to BTP TLT Coordinator
- Request a specified number of TLTs
- Request specific days and specified number of shifts. (TLTs volunteer for 4-hour shifts are 9:00 am-1:00 pm and 1:00-5:00 pm)
- Provide name and contact info (cell and email) of TLT Service Project Supervisor (This person will be the individual who coordinates the service project activities.)
Confirmation of Request to TLT Service Project Supervisor
- BTP TLT Coordinator will confirm requests with TLT Service Project Supervisor
- Pre-registered TLTs will be pre-assigned before the Camporee
- Onsite-registered TLTs will be assigned at the Camporee
Each TLT Supervisor will receive an email from the BTP TLT Coordinator
- Specifies names and contact info (cell and email) of pre-assigned TLTs and their Club Staff/Mentors
- A blank TLT Service Project Form (.pdf) that will indicate how many hours each TLT has volunteered. A supply of this form will need to be pre-printed by the TLT Supervisor – enough for every TLT who volunteers each day.
- Each TLT Supervisor will fill in TLT name, hours volunteered, and signature of the TLT Supervisor
- Each TLT will return their signed TLT Service Project Form to the TLT Headquarters following the time they served to receive their TLT Service Project Pin.
For Service Projects that do not require a full 4-hour shift
- TLTs may need to serve for two or more shifts to complete their 4-hour minimum requirement to receive their TLT Service Project Pin.
- Additional service project shifts may be assigned to additional Service Projects.
- TLT Service Projects Forms will be collected at TLT Headquarters each day so that TLT Supervisors do not need to manage multiple-day service project hour tallies.
Process for TLT Service Projects with Conferences
TLT Service Project Options
- Conference TLT Service Projects by the Conference TLT Coordinator
- Assist at Conference Headquarters or Union Headquarters
- Assist with conference-sponsored activities
- Assist with conference-sponsored honors
- A conference TLT Coordinator will confirm the service project hours each TLT works and sign their TLT Service Project Report Form
- BTP Camporee TLT Service Projects
- TLTs come to the TLT Headquarters for onsite registration
- TLTs request specific days and specified number of shifts they are available to volunteer (4-hour shifts from 9:00-1:00 and 1:00-5:00 on Wed., Thur., & Fri.)
- Service Project options will be assigned at the Camporee
- Each Service Project area has a TLT Service Project Supervisor that confirms the TLT hours they serve and signs their TLT Service Project Report Form.
- TLTs volunteer with both their conference leaders and the TLT Headquarters
- TLTs will receive TLT Service Project Report forms from each location they serve
Preparation by Conference TLT Coordinators
- Print a supply of the TLT Service Project Report Forms (pdf) to take to the Camporee
- Take enough for every TLT to have a form each day. Note: the form can be used for multiple days.
- TLT Coordinators will have their TLTs fill it out and then the Coordinators sign it
- Each TLT will return their signed TLT Service Project Form to the TLT Headquarters to receive their TLT Service Project Pin.
Volunteer Activities that Do Not Require a Full 4-hour Shift
- TLTs may need to volunteer for two or more shifts to complete their 4-hour minimum requirement to receive their TLT Service Project Pin.
- Additional Service Project shifts may be assigned at the TLT Headquarters.
- TLT Service Project Forms will be collected at the TLT Headquarters to manage multiple-day volunteer hour tallies.
Need help? Contact Tracy Wood, BTP TLT Coordinator.